doors of grace is a workshop that introduces writing practice as a way to tap into creative flow and inner wisdom.
Who might be interested in learning this writing practice?
A diverse range of interests and aspirations are addressed through this experience. Students have included individuals seeking:
- Structure to support journaling
- Guidance to facilitate self-discovery
- Knowledge and skills to boost self-expression
- Inspiration for creative projects such as memoir
- Development of voice and point-of-view to enhance professional presence
The content includes:
- Reflection on influential doorways in your life (possible perspectives include: intimates, family, homes, spirit/God, nature, work, body/health, art, history, music)
- Exercises to reinforce key attitudes that will encourage the authenticity of your writing practice and development of your voice
- Introduction to the basic tools in narrative construction (point-of-view, character development, scene, dialogue, emotion, adding layers of detail, creating reader interest, use of metaphor)
Group size is limited to promote a sharing and supportive environment.
The objective is to learn to practice writing in a way that both promotes self discovery and skill development.
Participants receive exercises to complete on their own and later share (if desired) and access to web-based resources.